- About Us
- Contact Us
- Site Map
- Terms and Privacy
SkyMobile Secure Container
Mobile Enterprise Security Made Easy
The SkyMobile native application server is a first-of-its-kind “secure container” which is built into Sky’s mobile enterprise application platform (MEAP). The secure container provides a separate and secure virtual environment on the mobile device in which to run SkyMobile applications and store related data. This mobile enterprise framework provides true “configure once, run anywhere” capability, offering a single, consistent, secure method to provision applications and seamlessly synchronize data across all major device types (e.g., iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows). It also provides integration of native applications (e.g., calendar, maps, camera, etc.) and supports embedded HTML.
The primary benefit of the SkyMobile secure container is total security of all its applications and data on the device. The following security features are integrated into the secure container:
- Initial provisioning of the container itself can be controlled through the use of trusted “whitelists,” profiles and passwords.
- All configurations, application definitions and data are encrypted. Even if the device is hijacked, jail broken or the container is copied, the contents are protected.
- All data transmissions over the network are encrypted.
- The container can be locked to a specific device, meaning that it will not start if copied to another device.
- The container may be “blacklisted,” i.e., all applications and data will be automatically removed if an attempt is made to connect to the host.
- The container may be configured to automatically shut down if idle for a period of time or if the device goes into sleep mode.
- HTML can be securely executed inside of the container without the risks associated with a browser.
- All provisioning and access requests are audited.
Check out our Secure Container Feature Overview here.